Couldn't get this locally, FCP had it at a fair price
GL-4 specific gear oil
If your manual transmission is feeling a little sloppy or the shifter is feeling notchy it's probably time for a drain and fill. Red Line fluids have a large user base who swear by the stuff.
Features and benefits:
- Popular for BMW, Honda and Acura, Ford Focus, late-model Mini Cooper, Land Rover/Range Rover LT77S, Dodge & Jeep NV1500, NV3500 and NV5600 truck transmissions
- Popular replacement for and improvement over GM Synchromesh® (#12345349) and Auto-Trak II® (#12378508) and Chrysler spec MS-9224
- Safe for brass synchros, as it lacks the reactive sulfurs found in most GL-5 oils that cause damage
- Offers quicker shifts, perfect synchronizer coefficient of friction
- Eliminates notchy shifting, even when cold
- High performance gear protection and longer synchro life
- Satisifies the gear oil viscosity requirements of 70W, 75W, 80W, and motor oil viscosities of SAE 30, 10W30, and 5W30
- Recommended for GL-1, GL-3, and GL-4 applications as well as where most special synchromesh fluids are specified
About Red Line gear oil for manual transmissions:
- Appropriate coefficient of friction for most manual transmission synchronizers (other's synthetic gear oils are often too slippery for proper synchro engagement)
- Red Line offers lubricants to pinpoint nearly every transmission application
- MTL, MT-85 & MT-90 are not for use in differentials with hypoid gears
- Excellent gear and synchro protection, balanced slipperiness for easier shifting in cold climates
- Excellent for high- and low-mile transmissions
- Compatible with petroleums and other synthetics
Red Line MTL 75W80 Gear Oil (1 Quart) - 50204
- Red Line
- SKU #:
- Manual Trans Fluid
- OE Numbers:
- FCP ID:
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
The old stuff was real dark and this new MTL gear oil is excellent. I went to almost every auto parts place around town and coudn't find GL4 (only) oil. FCP had it and was worth ordering it online instead of chancing it with the wrong stuff that is readily available around town.
I changed the manual transmission oil in my 2003 BMW 530i and used this oil. It really smoothed out the shifting and I think it sealed a small leak in a seal. I highly recommend it.
I needed to change my manual transmission fluid as part of my 75,000 mile service on my 2008 Honda Fit (Jazz) Many people online suggested using the Red Line, and now I understand why. It absolutely improved shifting, including my occasional sloppy shift (where my timing is imperfect) and I am looking forward to increased mileage as well. Nice product.
My favorite oil for my e30's manual transmission. A bit more expensive than other oils, but it is worth it.