Installation wasn't too terribly bad. Plan on removing the entire dash pad - don't just unhook one end and try to lift it up and get the cluster out. You risk cracking the dash pad if you do it any other way. Make sure you have some very small torx drivers - like smaller than T10 - I think I used T5 and T6, but it may have also gone smaller. I've used this brand of odometer gears in other cars before, and they hold up so much better than OEM. A nice afternoon project - but make sure you replace both gears. It's also a good time to remove that 'service' lamp from the cluster.
Is your odometer broken but your speedometer still working? Does the volvo dealer tell you that you need to replace the whole instrument cluster? Replacing the whole instrument cluster can be very expensive. You can simply replace an inexpensive odometer gear and it will most likely solve your problem. Its against the law to not fix your broken odometer (we are all protected by the Federal Odometer Act- yes this is really a law. Make sure the odometer is reading accurately in your Volvo with this gear from Odometer Gears Limited.
This is the 12 toothed pod that goes in conjunction with the odometer gear. While the 15 tooth gear is the one that usually goes first, this one should be replaced around the same time to save yourself the hassle of doing the job a second time when it eventually breaks.
Fits These Cars:
- 1994 Volvo 850 Odometer Drive Gear
- 1995 Volvo 850 Odometer Drive Gear
- 1996 Volvo 850 Odometer Drive Gear
- 1997 Volvo 850 Odometer Drive Gear
- 1993 Volvo 850 Odometer Drive Gear
Volvo Odometer Gear 12 Tooth (850) - Odometer Gears Limited 850GEAR2
- Odometer Gears
- SKU #:
- Odometer Drive Gear
- OE Numbers:
- FCP ID:
- Guaranteed to Fit, Guaranteed for Life We guarantee the fit and quality of our parts for life. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back for a replacement or refund. Learn more
- Fitment Verified This product application guide has been tested to ensure it will accurately fit the cars outlined in our fitment guide.
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
- What If I Need to Return This Item? Not a problem! If you are not happy with your purchase, we will gladly help you exchange or return your items, provided you follow the guidelines outlined in our Returns Policy.