I believe the Zimmermann discs are made in Germany and the Akebono pads are made in USA. The components are top quality and the price premium over the various brands that work hard to hide the fact they are made in china is negligible. It is a false economy to skimp on parts in general, especially brakes. FCP has put together a fantastic kit.
Front and rear brake kit featuring Zimmermann Z coated rotors and Akebono EUR ceramic brake pads
It's time for a brake service if your BMW's steering wheel shakes while braking or the light is illuminated on your dash indicating your bake pads are too thin. There are numerous critical parts of your BMW's brake system. The two main wear items are the brake pads and the brake rotors. By their very nature they are intended to wear out.
Brake rotors can wear out in several ways. The most common reason for replacing brake rotors is because they are "warped". Warped brake rotors is another way of saying that there are uneven deposits on the rotor surface from the brake pads. This can cause the steering wheel to shimmy while braking. Rotors can be machined to remove the deposits but this is usually counterproductive and it's often safer and easier to just replace the rotors. One brake rotors reach their minimum specified thickness they must be replaced.
Brake pads are the friction material that allow for braking to begin with. They are softer than the brake rotor surface and tend to wear quicker. The brake pad wear sensor attached to the brake rotor will be tripped when the pad becomes too thin and illuminate a light on your dash letting you know that a brake service is required.
This Kit Includes:
|2x Disc Brake Rotor||ZIM-150342720||Zimmermann||$59.99|
|2x Disc Brake Rotor||ZIM-150342620||Zimmermann||$69.99|
|1x Disc Brake Pad Set||AKE-EUR1061||Akebono||$87.99|
|1x Disc Brake Pad Set||AKE-EUR1267||Akebono||$78.99|
|1x Disc Brake Pad Wear Sensor||BOW-A059081||Bowa||$21.99|
|1x Disc Brake Pad Wear Sensor||BOW-A059080||Bowa||$16.99|
|1x Disc Brake Pad Wear Sensor Clip||BMW-34356779356||Genuine BMW||$2.99|
|2x Brake Anti-Squeal Paste||BMW-83122296187||Genuine BMW||$2.99|
|MSRP (bought separately):||$474.89|
|Our kit price:||$370.99|
- 2006 BMW 325i Disc Brake Pad and Rotor Kit
- Position: Front and Rear
BMW Brake Kit - Zimmermann/Akebono 34116854998KTFR6
- SKU #:
- Disc Brake Pad and Rotor Kit
- OE Numbers:
- FCP ID:
- Guaranteed to Fit, Guaranteed for Life We guarantee the fit and quality of our parts for life. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back for a replacement or refund. Learn more
- Fitment Verified This product application guide has been tested to ensure it will accurately fit the cars outlined in our fitment guide.
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
- What If I Need to Return This Item? Not a problem! If you are not happy with your purchase, we will gladly help you exchange or return your items, provided you follow the guidelines outlined in our Returns Policy.
I ordered complete Brake set for my 2006 BMW 325i. Rotors, Brake pads and sensors. They arrived on time with nice packing. They fit perfectly for my car. No complaints whatsoever. This was my first purchase online from FCP EURO. The prices are reasonable. I would definitely recommend. Make sure you call the customer service before you order so that you know the parts are for car your model.