My partts on time thank you!
A popular gear oil for many different vehicles and applications
- Most popular Red Line gear oil, with thousands of applications for passenger cars, light trucks, and racing vehicles
- Contains additional friction modifiers for suitability with clutch-type limited slip differentials - for most LSDs, no additional friction modifiers are required
- This product is not designed for use in most manual transmissions or transaxles in passenger vehicles, since the extreme slipperiness may cause synchronizer mesh issues that lead to shifting problems
- Recommended for API GL-5, GL-6, MT-1, MIL-L-2105E, SAE J2360, and Chrysler spec MS-9763
About Red Line gear oils:
- Fully-synthetic formulas created from polyol ester base stocks, offer excellent lubrication under extreme conditions
- High viscosity-index (VI) to provide relatively constant viscosity and film thickness with varying temperature change
- Ester base stocks and friction modifiers provide additional slipperiness to lower operating temperatures by reducing the sliding friction in hypoid gears
- Superior shear stability and reduced oxidation compared to other synthetics and conventional gear oils
- Exceed API GL-5 specifications
- Engineered to provide the highest degree of protection and improvement of differential efficiency for better mileage, longer drain intervals, and less wear
Red Line Gear Oil 75W90 GL-5 (1 Quart) - 57904
- Red Line
- SKU #:
- Differential Fluid
- OE Numbers:
- 07512293972, 83229407768, 83229407768, 33117695240, 33117695240
- FCP ID:
- Guaranteed to Fit, Guaranteed for Life We guarantee the fit and quality of our parts for life. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back for a replacement or refund. Learn more
- Fitment Verified This product application guide has been tested to ensure it will accurately fit the cars outlined in our fitment guide.
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
- What If I Need to Return This Item? Not a problem! If you are not happy with your purchase, we will gladly help you exchange or return your items, provided you follow the guidelines outlined in our Returns Policy.
Always used red line in my gear boxes, highly recommended. 525i 1994 e34
used in my e46 330ci rear diff. I am sure the original stuff was in there at around 185k miles still. Good piece of mind.
I originally flushed my Front and Rear differentials (325XI) using Redline 75W90ns (I didn't notice the lack of friction modifiers or their significance in the ns version). I then noticed a whining noise which was present both at high speeds and very low speeds. I did some research and replaced the fluids again with plain 75W90 and the noise is gone! Really changes the feel of the car.
I have used Redline products on multiple vehicles, including my Autocross cars and have always had great results