I ordered a tube to do the brakes on my 2004 E55 (AMG), which has 8-piston calipers up front and 4-piston calipers in the rear. That's a total of 12 pads to be lubed. The tube was big enough to do all of them, and there's probably enough left over to do it again. The lube is very thick and I have had zero squeaks from the brakes since installing the pads (along with new rotors)
Brake Pad Set Silicone Lubricant - ATE 70015
- SKU #:
- Brake Pad Silicone Lubricant
- OE Numbers:
- FCP ID:
- Guaranteed to Fit, Guaranteed for Life We guarantee the fit and quality of our parts for life. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back for a replacement or refund. Learn more
- Fitment Verified This product application guide has been tested to ensure it will accurately fit the cars outlined in our fitment guide.
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
- What If I Need to Return This Item? Not a problem! If you are not happy with your purchase, we will gladly help you exchange or return your items, provided you follow the guidelines outlined in our Returns Policy.
no buddy, it's not that kind of lube. For brake jobs, though, it is fabulous. I've also used it to persuade sway bar (anti roll bar, for those of us reading this upside down) bushings into brackets and around bars. Buy some, try some, fee-fi-fo-fum.
Good stuff, easier to use than the little cut open packets.
Worked great, no squeaking after instal, even 4 months later.
Good silicone lubricant
This stuff is great, good on any brake sruface that touches + moves. Prevents corrosion and keeps the parts moving freely, even in New England winters. I bought one tube and I'm just starting to run out. I think I've done 5 or 6 jobs with it.
Nice and reliable!
Absolutely loves this grease. The old one I used (some off-the-shelf cheap generic noname) was causing binds.
Received a different brand, Sil-Glyde Brake Lubricant
Easy to use, clear instructions, no squeak
Work greats, keep brake intact. Thanks.
Best thing to have to get away from those annoying squealing noise.
This is some quality stuff, will be buying another tube the next time I'm doing a brake job ..