New part resolved tight steering and fit good. Taking the old part out required a sawsall as the bolt holding the old lower steering shaft on the rack snapped off.
Note: This steering shaft includes U-Joint.
"Late design" shaft has a 5mm deep circular recess that is machined into the lower mounting flange where this part attaches to the steering rack pinion shaft. Use this steering shaft on 2006-2007 models and on some 2004-2005 models if the steering rack has been replaced with a rack that has a"late-design" pinion shaft.
- 2004 Volvo V70 Steering Shaft
- 2005 Volvo V70 Steering Shaft
- 2006 Volvo V70 Steering Shaft
- 2007 Volvo V70 Steering Shaft
- 2006 Volvo S60 Steering Shaft
- 2007 Volvo S60 Steering Shaft
- 2008 Volvo S60 Steering Shaft
- 2009 Volvo S60 Steering Shaft
- 2006 Volvo S80 Steering Shaft
- 2006 Volvo XC70 Steering Shaft
- 2007 Volvo XC70 Steering Shaft
Volvo Steering Shaft Lower (S60 V70 XC70 S80) - Genuine Volvo 30741950
- Genuine Volvo
- SKU #:
- Steering Shaft
- OE Numbers:
- 30741477, 8603459, 30741950
- FCP ID:
- Guaranteed to Fit, Guaranteed for Life We guarantee the fit and quality of our parts for life. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back for a replacement or refund. Learn more
- Fitment Verified This product application guide has been tested to ensure it will accurately fit the cars outlined in our fitment guide.
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
- What If I Need to Return This Item? Not a problem! If you are not happy with your purchase, we will gladly help you exchange or return your items, provided you follow the guidelines outlined in our Returns Policy.
This is an OEM part so of course it fits and works as expected. However, most folks conveniently omit this part from the list or needed parts when doing a steering rack replacement. FCP recommended the replacement of this part and I'm glad I listened. When I pulled the old rack this part was in terrible shape even though the steering shaft didn't have a ton of end play. Save yourself some time and pain. Order this part with your new rack along with the nut used to clamp it to the steering racks input shaft.