It's a radiator. What more can I say? I took the old clogged and corroded rad out and put this one in. I also did it at the same time that I was changing out my timing belt and water pump anyway. Car runs as cool as a new car. Perfect. I can sit in 95 degree Tennessee traffic with the AC on full and have no worries. How many other 500 thousand mile cars can claim that?
Keeps your Volvo running cool
NOTE: Does not come with a thermo switch.
Your Volvo's radiator is a critical component of the cooling system. It exchanges heat to the ambient air allowing the hot coolant coming into the inlet side of the radiator to cool down before exiting the radiator on the outlet side.
Radiators fail in a variety of ways. The most common failure we see is when the end tank cracks or begins to separate from the radiator core. We also occasionally see radiators damaged from road debris where the fins and tube become so damaged that the radiator can no longer effective exchange heat.
Common Failure Symptoms:
- Cracked housing
- Puncture Core
- Clogged with Rust from lack of maintenance or improper coolant used
- Internal damage between Trans cooler and Radiator.
When replacing your radiator you will lose coolant. FCP recommends ordering either Genuine or OE equivalent coolant. We do not recommend use of universal style pre-mixed coolants with your Volvo.
Note: Depending on the fuel injection system of your Volvo you may been to order additional parts. Please see the recommendations below:
Regina fuel injection: Use radiator as is, no additional parts need to be ordered.
If the original radiator has a screw in fan clutch, also use 9135545.
Fits These Cars:
Volvo Radiator (740 940) - Nissens 8603905
- SKU #:
- OE Numbers:
- FCP ID:
- Guaranteed to Fit, Guaranteed for Life We guarantee the fit and quality of our parts for life. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back for a replacement or refund. Learn more
- Fitment Verified This product application guide has been tested to ensure it will accurately fit the cars outlined in our fitment guide.
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
- What If I Need to Return This Item? Not a problem! If you are not happy with your purchase, we will gladly help you exchange or return your items, provided you follow the guidelines outlined in our Returns Policy.