A vacuum brake booster provides power assist to your braking system. A Failed booster greatly reduces the effort required to stop the vehicle.
How it works
The vacuum operated brake booster uses a combination of atmospheric pressure pushing and pulling vacuum on a diaphragm which multiplies the force the driver applies with the brake pedal. Most brake boosters usually will have two air chambers which are divided by flexible diaphragms. By attaching a metal push rod to the diaphragms it enables the driver to change the pressure in the chamber by means of the brake pedal. Vacuum which is usually supplied by the engine and atmospheric pressure combined to provide the assistance needed during braking.
Common Failure Symptoms:
- Poor power brake assistance
- Poor pedal return
- Air noise coming from the booster area due to a vacuum seal leak
- Fluid leakage from the master cylinder can enter the booster and cause damage to the diaphragm.
Fits These Cars:
- 2003 Volvo XC90 Power Brake Booster
- 2004 Volvo XC90 Power Brake Booster
- 2005 Volvo XC90 Power Brake Booster
- 2006 Volvo XC90 Power Brake Booster
- 2007 Volvo XC90 Power Brake Booster
- 2008 Volvo XC90 Power Brake Booster
- 2009 Volvo XC90 Power Brake Booster
Chassis Range: To 512675
Volvo Power Brake Booster (XC90) - ATE 31273665
- SKU #:
- Power Brake Booster
- OE Numbers:
- 03.7858-3632.4, 30793680, 30645376, 03.78583632.4, 300234, 31273665
- FCP ID:
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.