great kit, came with almost everything i needed and the video was a wonderful aide. The only thing I would suggest to make it a little bit better is to throw in an extra ear clamp of each size. I'd gladly pay 5 dollars more for a few extra clamps. My kit was missing the big ear clamps for the hose from the breather box to the outlet/inlet right under the manifold. Also, when repairing the pcv system on my father's turbo model I dropped the ear clamp to the ptc valve and could not find it with my magnet.
Volvo V70 Non Turbo and Volvo S70 Non Turbo PCV Breather System Kit.
Fits the following models:
- All V70 Non Turbo Models 1999
- All S70 Non Turbo Models 1999
Be sure to check the fitment guide below for specific details tailored to YOUR model. Your engine serial number is located on your timing cover.
FCP Euro offers this Volvo breather system kit at an affordable price without having to sacrifice the quality that you and your Volvo deserve. If you notice that your Volvo does not operate with the same level of power it once had, or if your exhaust is emanating an unusual odor, this may be related to your Volvo breather system. This kit will replace rubber tubing and fittings that become brittle with age. The tubing can also become restricted due to built up oil deposits and sludge within the hoses. This kit includes a new oil trap, all of the breather hoses, an intake gasket and all of the necessary hose clamps.
What causes my breather system to fail?
- Wrong oil grade, quality and/or viscosity
- Vehicles driven too many miles between oil changes
- Vehicles frequently driven short distances with many cold starts
- Excessive idling
- Fuels of low quality or with high alcohol content
- Additives added to oil or fuel
- High ambient temperature
- High air humidity
What are some of the symptom’s I can expect if my breather system is clogged?
- Illuminated oil pressure lamp. – Due to clogged oil suction strainer to oil pump or oil filter
- Illuminated Check Engine Lamp- Due to incorrect engine fuel trim level parameters
- Noise (whistling) – Noise due to high pressure in crankcase. This noise will stop if the oil filler cap is removed.
- Poor Drivability- Clogged crankcase ventilation can reduce the engine performance
- Uneven / Oscillating Idling- Caused by clogged crankcase ventilation
- Oil leak- From engine seals due to restricted crankcase ventilation
- Noise (knocking)- Low oil pressure can cause premature bearing wear and lead to internal engine component failure
- High oil consumption/noise from Turbo
- A damaged bearing or seal in the turbo due to lack of oil as a result of oil consumption.
What can I do to check for it?
- The first step is to inspect the oil filter to see if it is abnormally dirty. An abnormally dirty filter is easily recognized by its thick, black deposits
- If the engine has a problem with carbon deposits, the passageways in the engine block and oil trap may be completely or partially clogged. Remove and check the oil trap, hoses and their passageways in the engine block. There should not be any major collections of carbon deposits in the hoses or in the passageways in the block.
- Drain the engine oil. Remove the oil pan and check the oil pan and crankcase for deposits. Normally, there should not be any deposits. Also check the oil suction strainer on the oil suction line for contaminants and deposits.
- Use a low caliber Vacuum gauge to check for positive pressure through the dipstick tube
How to Replace your Volvo PCV (Video)
We're here with Ben McNally to show you how to replace the PCV system on a 1996 Volvo 850 Turbo. Don't hesitate to give us a call if you have any questions 1-877-634-0063
This Kit Includes:
|1x PCV Valve Oil Trap||VOL-1271988||Genuine Volvo||$48.99|
|2x Hose Clamp||VOL-976584||Genuine Volvo||$4.99|
|4x Hose Clamp||976561||OEM Supplier||$1.99|
|1x Crankcase Vent Hose||VOL-1270321||Genuine Volvo||$72.99|
|1x Engine Intake Manifold Gasket||9458534||Elwis||$8.99|
|1x Crankcase Vent Hose||VOL-8653339||Genuine Volvo||$11.99|
|1x Crankcase Vent Hose||VOL-9497769||Genuine Volvo||$67.99|
|1x Crankcase Vent Hose||VOL-1271653||Genuine Volvo||$15.99|
|MSRP (bought separately):||$244.88|
|Our kit price:||$181.99|
Volvo PCV Breather System Kit V70T500
- Genuine Volvo
- SKU #:
- Breather System Kit
- OE Numbers:
- FCP ID:
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
My only gripe would be that when I got this kit the breather hose was URO and has disintegrated quicker than I would have expected. FCP have since starting using the Volvo part in that place so I would thoroughly recommend this kit for this key maintenance repair.