Great product. Easy on !
Volvo Fuel Filter (C70 S70 V70 V90 S90 850) - Bosch
Your vehicle depends on your fuel system to provide fuel to the engine to ensure complete combustion. The Fuel pump supplies the engine with fuel via fuel lines in which there is an inline filter put in place to filter out any dirt or contaminants before it reaches the fuel rail to prevent clogging of the injectors. If you have an aged fuel filter chances are that it is not allowing as much fuel pressure to the fuel rail due to years of buildup causing the fuel pump to work harder and leaving potential for dirt to reach the injectors for clogging / incomplete combustion.
Common Fail Symptoms:
- Lack of fuel pressure
- Premature wear of the fuel pump
- Clogged injectors
Fits These Cars:
- 1994 Volvo 850 Fuel Filter
- 1995 Volvo 850 Fuel Filter
- 1996 Volvo 850 Fuel Filter
- 1997 Volvo 850 Fuel Filter
- 1993 Volvo 850 Fuel Filter
- 1998 Volvo C70 Fuel Filter
- 1999 Volvo C70 Fuel Filter
- 2000 Volvo C70 Fuel Filter
- 2001 Volvo C70 Fuel Filter
- 2002 Volvo C70 Fuel Filter
- 1999 Volvo S70 Fuel Filter
- 2000 Volvo S70 Fuel Filter
- 1998 Volvo S70 Fuel Filter
- 1998 Volvo S90 Fuel Filter
- 1998 Volvo V70 Fuel Filter
- 1999 Volvo V70 Fuel Filter
- 2000 Volvo V70 Fuel Filter
- 1998 Volvo V90 Fuel Filter
Volvo Fuel Filter (C70 S70 V70 V90 S90 850) - Bosch 3507416
- SKU #:
- Fuel Filter
- OE Numbers:
- FCP ID:
- Guaranteed to Fit, Guaranteed for Life We guarantee the fit and quality of our parts for life. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back for a replacement or refund. Learn more
- Fitment Verified This product application guide has been tested to ensure it will accurately fit the cars outlined in our fitment guide.
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
- What If I Need to Return This Item? Not a problem! If you are not happy with your purchase, we will gladly help you exchange or return your items, provided you follow the guidelines outlined in our Returns Policy.
Great product, easy to install
easy on and off, I relieved gas pressure first at the engine fuel rail, just needed a rag for the leak at filter, repressurize fuel line before using the starter
Pricey but worth it :)
Does the job
Just do a quick youtube search for replacing the filter and you will be done with the job in under 30 minutes. Hardest part of the process was getting the FAR rusted and probably only ever change 1 other time filter out of the ring that hold it in place. new unit slid right in and was hooked up and tested in just a few minutes. Beat ALL local parts stores by almost 3x over.
Getting the mount off sucked. (I broke the bolt). And this filter is ridiculously huge for this car. So a lot of gas was in the filter.
Can't beat the price.
Great part. I have a 98 AWD V70 so the replacement was ridiculously more complicated than the FWD but still worth it. Thank goodness Volvo provided the 2 portals in the trunk area to have access to the filter. In case anyone needs it, I found an excellent write-up for the AWD model filter replacement at: http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51096&p=288054 Thanks FCP!
If you haven't changed it and it looks seriously corroded, its probably time for a new one. I can't really say that the fuel savings are huge, but it does feel just a bit leaner. Top square nut on the filter bracket is welded on the bracket, so don't try to turn that. I believe you need 14mm to loosen the bracket and 17mm to pry the quick releases on the hoses. There is a Schrader valve before the filter which helps with the pressure relief...Pretty easy job. PS: For some reason the Hayes manual instructs to disconnect the fuel pump sending unit and drain lines and some other BS which I don't think is really necessary. Overcomplicates a simple procedure.
First one came damaged, customer service fixed the problem amazingly fast. Top shelf service. As far as the filter goes... it's a fuel filter, just change it every 60k.
Definitely fits, glad I changed it
Works great! Good fit, good function.
Can't go wrong with Bosch! Great quality part, installed it easily except for the top bolt which was square and pretty difficult to get a wrench around. Finally got that off and replaced it with a normal hex bolt. Made sure to prime it and car runs fine. Hope to see maybe a slight change in mpg.
Made by Bosch, the OEM supplier for a lot of Volvo stuff--I trust them.
Installed in just a few minutes as it was a direct replacement for the existing filter on my '98 S70. Be sure to have something to catch the gas when you disconnect the fuel lines as there is a lot of fuel that remains in the fuel filter.
I don't know that filter was that big- good product!
I change mine at 50,000 miles rather than the prescribed 100K (have S90s, 960, and S70). Notable sediment came out when I drained the filter in a clean pan. I also ordered a few fuel filter seal rings (947621OE) but they aren't necessary. Filter is "Made in Spain".
Super easy, straight forward install under the car. Tip: use a 17mm open end of a wrench to gently push back the quick disconnect connectors, no need for a special tool or anything, it will work perfectly. My MPG increased by 3 after replacing this filter (original filter was almost clogged after cutting it open and inspecting - it was never changed from factory after 160,000 miles).
Easy to install, fit just fine.
Working without a problem in 2000 C70 HPT for past 10,000 miles
The real deal at half the price