The BMW Z3 Service Manual: 1996-2002 is a comprehensive source of service information and technical specifications available for the BMW Z3 Roadster and Coupe up through the 2002 model year.
1152 pages. Contains 1577 B/W photos and illustrations
**Though the do-it-yourself BMW owner will find this manual indispensable as a source of detailed maintenance and repair information, even the BMW owner who has no intention of working on his or her own car will find that reading and owning this manual will make it possible to discuss repairs intelligently with a professional mechanic.
Models, engines, and engine management systems covered in this BMW repair manual:
Z3 Roadster, Z3 Coupe:
-M44 engine with Bosch DME M5.2 (4-cyl.) -M52 engine with Siemens DME MS 41.1 (6-cyl.) -M52 TU engine with Siemens DME MS 42.1 (6-cyl.) -M54 engine with Siemens DME MS 43.0 (6-cyl.)
M Roadster, M Coupe:
-S52 engine with Siemens DME MS 41.1 (6-cyl.)
-S54 engine with Siemens DME MS S54 (6-cyl.)
Transmissions covered (remove, install, external service) in this BMW service manual:
-Getrag S5D 250 G -ZF S5D 310 Z
-A4S 270 R
-A5S 360 R
-A5S 390 R
-Maintenance procedures for everything from brake fluid changes to interpreting the malfunction indicator light (MIL). This manual tells you what to do, how and when to do it, and why it is important.
-Engine and cylinder head service, including valve clearance adjustment on the S54 engine.
-Information for specific BMW Z3 driveability problems, including explanation of engine management systems and OBD II (On-Board Diagnostics II).
-Theory of operation and repair information for Bosch DME M5.2, Siemens DME MS 41.1, MS 42.1, MS 43.0, and MS S54 engine management, DISA (dual resonance intake system), resonance/turbulence intake manifold and single and double VANOS (Variable Camshaft Timing).
-Drivetrain maintenance, troubleshooting, adjustment and repair, including hydraulic clutch, gearshift linkage, and driveshaft.
-Heating and air conditioning repair, including A/C component replacement.
-Body adjustments and repairs, including convertible top replacement and adjustment.
-Wiring schematics and extensive electrical component section specifying power distribution, grounds, and component locations with detailed illustrations and photos.
Publishing note: Prior to February 2010, this book was published in a softcover edition (ISBN 978-0-8376-1250-8)
BMW Z3 Service Manual: 1996-2002 BSIN: BZ02 ISBN: 978-0-8376-1617-9 (ISBN-10) ISBN: 978-0-8376-1617-9 (ISBN-13)
Fits These Cars:
- 1996 BMW Z3 Repair Manual
- 1997 BMW Z3 Repair Manual
- 1998 BMW Z3 Repair Manual
- 1999 BMW Z3 Repair Manual
- 2000 BMW Z3 Repair Manual
- 2001 BMW Z3 Repair Manual
- 2002 BMW Z3 Repair Manual
BMW Repair Manual (Z3) - Bentley BZ02
- Robert Bentley
- SKU #:
- Repair Manual
- OE Numbers:
- FCP ID:
- Guaranteed to Fit, Guaranteed for Life We guarantee the fit and quality of our parts for life. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back for a replacement or refund. Learn more
- Fitment Verified This product application guide has been tested to ensure it will accurately fit the cars outlined in our fitment guide.
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
- What If I Need to Return This Item? Not a problem! If you are not happy with your purchase, we will gladly help you exchange or return your items, provided you follow the guidelines outlined in our Returns Policy.