The BMW 7 Series (E38) Service Manual: 1995-2001 is a comprehensive source of service information and technical specifications for the BMW E38 (7 Series models from 1995 to 2001). Whether you're a professional mechanic or a do-it-yourself-er, this manual will provide you with valuable information to help you understand, care for, and repair your BMW.
1256 pages. Contains 1050 photos, illustrations and diagrams.
**Though the do-it-yourself 7 Series owner will find this manual indispensable as a source of detailed maintenance and repair information, the owner who has no intention of working on his or her own car will find that reading and owning this manual will make it possible to discuss repairs more intelligently with a professional technician.
Models, engines and transmissions covered: V8 models and engines
- 740i, 740iL: M60 4.0 liter, M62 or M62 TU 4.4 liter
V12 models and engines:
- 750iL: M73 or M73 TU 5.6 liter
Engine management systems (Motronic):
- Bosch M3.3 (OBD I)
- Bosch M5.2 (OBD II)
- Bosch M5.2.1 (OBD II)
- Bosch M5.2.1 (OBD II / LEV)
- Bosch ME 7.2 (OBD II)
Automatic transmissions (remove, install, external service):
- A5S 560Z
- A5S 440Z
- Maintenance procedures from replacing the fresh air and recirculation microfilters to changing the ATF. This manual tells you what to do and how and when to do it.
- Step-by-step engine timing chain service.
- Cylinder head cover and crankshaft seal replacement.
- Cooling system filling and bleeding, coolant pump replacement and engine cooling fan and radiator service.
- Fuel injection and ignition system diagrams and explanations, including five different Bosch Motronic engine management systems.
- Suspension repair procedures, including stabilizer bar link, control arm and axle boot replacement.
- Brakes, steering and ABS maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Heating and air-conditioning repair, including A/C component replacement.
- Body, hood and sunroof repairs and adjustments.
- Electrical system service, with an easy-to-use illustrated component locator section.
- Wiring schematics for selected models, including power distribution and grounds.
- BMW OBD II diagnostic trouble codes, SAE-defined OBD II P-codes, as well as basic scan tool operation.
- Comprehensive BMW factory tolerances, wear limits, adjustments and tightening torques.
Publishing note: Prior to February 2010, this book was published in a softcover edition (ISBN 978-0-8376-1531-8)
BMW 7 Series Manual: 1995-2001 BSIN: B701 ISBN: 978-0-8376-1618-6 (ISBN-10) ISBN: 978-0-8376-1618-6 (ISBN-13)
Fits These Cars:
- 1995 BMW 740i Repair Manual
- 1997 BMW 740i Repair Manual
- 1998 BMW 740i Repair Manual
- 1999 BMW 740i Repair Manual
- 2000 BMW 740i Repair Manual
- 2001 BMW 740i Repair Manual
- 1995 BMW 740iL Repair Manual
- 1996 BMW 740iL Repair Manual
- 1997 BMW 740iL Repair Manual
- 1998 BMW 740iL Repair Manual
- 1999 BMW 740iL Repair Manual
- 2000 BMW 740iL Repair Manual
- 2001 BMW 740iL Repair Manual
- 1995 BMW 750iL Repair Manual
- 1996 BMW 750iL Repair Manual
- 1997 BMW 750iL Repair Manual
- 1998 BMW 750iL Repair Manual
BMW Repair Manual (740i 740iL 750iL) - Bentley B701
- Robert Bentley
- SKU #:
- Repair Manual
- OE Numbers:
- B701, BM8000794
- FCP ID:
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.