Let your E9X M3 Breathe
As you know, the E9X M3 is an impressive package from the factory. It delivers a driving experience like few other cars can. It still has some shortcomings from the factory that can be addressed with simple modifications, one of those being the intake system.
The two major limitations of the factory intake system are the intake elbow and filter. The biggest culprit for robbing performance is the factory intake elbow gets narrow where it bend towards the intake manifold. This design was done from the factory to cut down on intake noise and meet required NVH standards. This design is like forcing an athlete to run a marathon while only being able to breathe through a straw, it just isn't effective. The second, and only a minor hindrance compared to the intake pipe, is the factory air filter. It is designed to filter as much dust and particulates as possible while maintaining acceptable NVH. To do this it is made from extra layers of thicker materials which ends up restricting air flow.
aFe addresses the factory system with the following:
The intake charge pipe/elbow is entirely redesigned by aFe. The overall shape and routing of the charge pipe has been improved allowing air to flow more directly while the inside of the pipe is smooth which helps reduce air flow turbulence in the intake system. This redesign allows for a 41% higher flow rate than the factory piece.
This intake system is complimented with the renowned Pro 5R filter. The filter is constructed with several layers of material which progressively help filter out dust while maintaining high intake flow which your M3's engine desperately wants.
Note: Proven to produce an extra 18hp and 15lb/ft of torque. Not CARB certified.
Fits These Cars:
- 2008 BMW M3 Engine Cold Air Intake
- 2009 BMW M3 Engine Cold Air Intake
- 2010 BMW M3 Engine Cold Air Intake
- 2011 BMW M3 Engine Cold Air Intake
- 2012 BMW M3 Engine Cold Air Intake
- 2013 BMW M3 Engine Cold Air Intake
BMW Intake System (E9X M3) - aFe 51-31662
- SKU #:
- Engine Cold Air Intake
- OE Numbers:
- FCP ID:
- Guaranteed to Fit, Guaranteed for Life We guarantee the fit and quality of our parts for life. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back for a replacement or refund. Learn more
- Fitment Verified This product application guide has been tested to ensure it will accurately fit the cars outlined in our fitment guide.
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
- What If I Need to Return This Item? Not a problem! If you are not happy with your purchase, we will gladly help you exchange or return your items, provided you follow the guidelines outlined in our Returns Policy.