Referred to as a tension strut, per BMW it is mandatory to replace in matched pairs
Your BMW's tension strut is designed to locate the entire front strut assembly. It is under constant tension from suspension movements as well as road forces. Over time the inner bushing is known to fail allowing for this assembly to move freely resulting in poor handling, vibration, and noises.
FCP recommend replacing this control arm in matched pairs per BMW TIS recommendations. You must also order (1) 31106767496 locking nut, (1) 33306787062 combination nut, and (1) 31106795930 Hexagon screw with flange.
Fits These Cars:
BMW Tension Strut (F80 F82 F83) - Genuine BMW 31122284531
- Genuine BMW
- SKU #:
- Suspension Control Arm and Ball Joint Assembly
- OE Numbers:
- FCP ID:
- Guaranteed to Fit, Guaranteed for Life We guarantee the fit and quality of our parts for life. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back for a replacement or refund. Learn more
- Fitment Verified This product application guide has been tested to ensure it will accurately fit the cars outlined in our fitment guide.
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
- What If I Need to Return This Item? Not a problem! If you are not happy with your purchase, we will gladly help you exchange or return your items, provided you follow the guidelines outlined in our Returns Policy.