These are identical to the original ones from BMW. At $45 each, they were 60% cheaper than from the dealer and at least 25% cheaper than the local parts place.
Also known as a ping sensor, detects pre-detonation in the combustion chamber, 4 per car
The silent killer of all engines is pre-detonation most commonly referred to as engine knock. Engine knock occurs when the air/fuel mixture ignites before the cylinder reached top dead center. This premature ignition can cause pitting on the piston as well as damage to the rod bearings. Engine knock can easily kill an otherwise good engine.
Knock sensors detect this running condition and send signals to the DME in order to adjust fueling and ignition timing. Without knock sensors, engines can't safely run aggressive ignition timing. A failed knock sensor will usually cause your engine to run in limp mode.
Fits These Cars:
- 1994 BMW 530i Engine Knock Sensor
- 1995 BMW 530i Engine Knock Sensor
- 1994 BMW 540i Engine Knock Sensor
- 1995 BMW 540i Engine Knock Sensor
- 1993 BMW 740i Engine Knock Sensor
- 1994 BMW 740i Engine Knock Sensor
- 1995 BMW 740i Engine Knock Sensor
- 1993 BMW 740iL Engine Knock Sensor
- 1994 BMW 740iL Engine Knock Sensor
- 1995 BMW 740iL Engine Knock Sensor
- 1995 BMW 840Ci Engine Knock Sensor
- 1994 BMW 840Ci Engine Knock Sensor
BMW Knock Sensor - Bosch 0261231096
- SKU #:
- Engine Knock Sensor
- OE Numbers:
- 12141702163, 0261231096
- FCP ID:
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.