Also known as a ping sensor, detects pre-detonation in the combustion chamber, 4 per car
The silent killer of all engines is pre-detonation most commonly referred to as engine knock. Engine knock occurs when the air/fuel mixture ignites before the cylinder reached top dead center. This premature ignition can cause pitting on the piston as well as damage to the rod bearings. Engine knock can easily kill an otherwise good engine.
Knock sensors detect this running condition and send signals to the DME in order to adjust fueling and ignition timing. Without knock sensors, engines can't safely run aggressive ignition timing. A failed knock sensor will usually cause your engine to run in limp mode.
Fits These Cars:
BMW Knock Sensor - Genuine BMW 12141736303
- Genuine BMW
- SKU #:
- Ignition Knock (Detonation) Sensor
- OE Numbers:
- FCP ID:
- Guaranteed to Fit, Guaranteed for Life We guarantee the fit and quality of our parts for life. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back for a replacement or refund. Learn more
- Fitment Verified This product application guide has been tested to ensure it will accurately fit the cars outlined in our fitment guide.
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
- What If I Need to Return This Item? Not a problem! If you are not happy with your purchase, we will gladly help you exchange or return your items, provided you follow the guidelines outlined in our Returns Policy.