Easy twenty minute DIY job. Prop hood open and change one strut at a time. Clean the mounting posts on car and apply small amount of grease on them if desired.
Keeps your BMW's hood propped in position, 2 per car
Have you ever had a hood fall on your head? If you have been so fortunate to not experience this we can assure you, it hurts. BMW uses gas pressure struts to keep hoods and trunks open for the most part. For one, this is convenient as you can simply open the hood and not have to worry about finding the hood support. However, this little part is often unappreciated until it won't support the weight of the hood anymore. Don't play games with your safety, replace worn hood supports with these genuine replacements from BMW.
We recommend replacing hood struts and trunk struts in matched pairs
Fits These Cars:
- 2001 BMW 525i Hood Lift Support
- 2002 BMW 525i Hood Lift Support
- 2003 BMW 525i Hood Lift Support
- 1997 BMW 528i Hood Lift Support
- 1998 BMW 528i Hood Lift Support
- 1999 BMW 528i Hood Lift Support
- 2000 BMW 528i Hood Lift Support
- 2001 BMW 530i Hood Lift Support
- 2002 BMW 530i Hood Lift Support
- 2003 BMW 530i Hood Lift Support
- 1997 BMW 540i Hood Lift Support
- 1998 BMW 540i Hood Lift Support
- 1999 BMW 540i Hood Lift Support
- 2000 BMW 540i Hood Lift Support
- 2001 BMW 540i Hood Lift Support
- 2002 BMW 540i Hood Lift Support
- 2003 BMW 540i Hood Lift Support
- 2000 BMW M5 Hood Lift Support
- 2001 BMW M5 Hood Lift Support
- 2002 BMW M5 Hood Lift Support
- 2003 BMW M5 Hood Lift Support
BMW Hood Lift Support (E39) - Stabilus 51238174866
- SKU #:
- Hood Lift Support
- OE Numbers:
- FCP ID:
- Guaranteed to Fit, Guaranteed for Life We guarantee the fit and quality of our parts for life. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back for a replacement or refund. Learn more
- Fitment Verified This product application guide has been tested to ensure it will accurately fit the cars outlined in our fitment guide.
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
- What If I Need to Return This Item? Not a problem! If you are not happy with your purchase, we will gladly help you exchange or return your items, provided you follow the guidelines outlined in our Returns Policy.
Perfect function and fit. Hood wants to "lift off" on its own now and you need to apply some force to close it, as it should. No more head/shoulders bumps from sagging shocks that lets the big hood of the E39 close on you.