I used this repair kit for my E39 facelift headlights. Straightforward "how to" on the internet, and it was a great price. Now my headlights are aligned properly.
- 2001 BMW 525i Headlight Adjusting Element
- 2002 BMW 525i Headlight Adjusting Element
- 2003 BMW 525i Headlight Adjusting Element
- 2000 BMW 528i Headlight Adjusting Element
- 2001 BMW 530i Headlight Adjusting Element
- 2002 BMW 530i Headlight Adjusting Element
- 2003 BMW 530i Headlight Adjusting Element
- 2000 BMW 540i Headlight Adjusting Element
- 2001 BMW 540i Headlight Adjusting Element
- 2002 BMW 540i Headlight Adjusting Element
- 2003 BMW 540i Headlight Adjusting Element
- 2000 BMW M5 Headlight Adjusting Element
- 2001 BMW M5 Headlight Adjusting Element
- 2002 BMW M5 Headlight Adjusting Element
- 2003 BMW M5 Headlight Adjusting Element
BMW Headlight Adjuster Kit - Odometer Gears E39HAK
- Odometer Gears
- SKU #:
- Headlight Adjusting Element
- FCP ID:
- Guaranteed to Fit, Guaranteed for Life We guarantee the fit and quality of our parts for life. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back for a replacement or refund. Learn more
- Fitment Verified This product application guide has been tested to ensure it will accurately fit the cars outlined in our fitment guide.
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
- What If I Need to Return This Item? Not a problem! If you are not happy with your purchase, we will gladly help you exchange or return your items, provided you follow the guidelines outlined in our Returns Policy.
Let me first state that there are much cheaper kits out there, but these are made of more quality materials, and to me that's worth it. I NEVER want to do this job again, and neither will you after doing it (You'll see why). If your headlights are aimed at the ground, or if they are bouncing significantly on bumps, most likely your adjusters are broken. An easy way to tell it to open to hood and grab the back of the headlight, and shake it around. If the light moves significantly, that's also a sign of broken adjusters. They get so brittle, that with a light squeeze they will crumble in your hand. This job take patience and time to complete, but is not impossible for the average DIY'er. Basic hand tools are needed, with the exception of a torx set or screwdriver.
As always parts shipped fast! Extremely good value, and quality. This is a huge money saver compared to buying new headlight assembly which is something like 1300 bucks for a pair. Found a good video showing removal and install without cutting or baking the assembly. It's an absolute pain in the ass to do this way, but it is possible to do it even on the epoxy sealed units. Sooo worth it for the money savings though. Thanks again FCP for the great parts!
I tried to install these without cutting the housing but could not due to largish hands. The first light took 3 to 4 hours trying to install the high bean adjuster without cutting the housing. I gave up and cut the housing with a cheap dremel type tool from HF and completed the job. The 2nd healight I used the dremel tool from the start and completed the install in 30 min. The adjusters are of better quailty than the BMW ones. The units fit and adjusted the lights without issue. I would recommend this to anyone. And as expected FCP provided the parts in a timely manner. Quality product provided by a quality organization. Thanks FCP