As always parts shipped fast! Extremely good value, and quality. This is a huge money saver compared to buying new headlight assembly which is something like 1300 bucks for a pair. Found a good video showing removal and install without cutting or baking the assembly. It's an absolute pain in the ass to do this way, but it is possible to do it even on the epoxy sealed units. Sooo worth it for the money savings though. Thanks again FCP for the great parts!
A common failure item on old headlight assemblies
If your BMW's headlights are out of adjustment and you can't seem to get them to where they need to be there is a really good chance that the adjusters have broken. This is particularly an issue with headlight that have self leveling. This kit from Odometer gears will replace the broken adjusters without the expense of needing to replace an entire headlight assembly. Installation will require basic hand tools.
One kit required per headlight assembly, for projector style headlights only, works on halogen and xenon headlights on E39's built after 9/2000.
Fits These Cars:
- 2001 BMW 525i Headlight Adjusting Element
- 2002 BMW 525i Headlight Adjusting Element
- 2003 BMW 525i Headlight Adjusting Element
- 2000 BMW 528i Headlight Adjusting Element
- 2001 BMW 530i Headlight Adjusting Element
- 2002 BMW 530i Headlight Adjusting Element
- 2003 BMW 530i Headlight Adjusting Element
- 2000 BMW 540i Headlight Adjusting Element
- 2001 BMW 540i Headlight Adjusting Element
- 2002 BMW 540i Headlight Adjusting Element
- 2003 BMW 540i Headlight Adjusting Element
- 2000 BMW M5 Headlight Adjusting Element
- 2001 BMW M5 Headlight Adjusting Element
- 2002 BMW M5 Headlight Adjusting Element
- 2003 BMW M5 Headlight Adjusting Element
BMW Headlight Adjuster Kit - Odometer Gears E39HAK
- Odometer Gears
- SKU #:
- Headlight Adjusting Element
- FCP ID:
- Guaranteed to Fit, Guaranteed for Life We guarantee the fit and quality of our parts for life. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back for a replacement or refund. Learn more
- Fitment Verified This product application guide has been tested to ensure it will accurately fit the cars outlined in our fitment guide.
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
- What If I Need to Return This Item? Not a problem! If you are not happy with your purchase, we will gladly help you exchange or return your items, provided you follow the guidelines outlined in our Returns Policy.
I tried to install these without cutting the housing but could not due to largish hands. The first light took 3 to 4 hours trying to install the high bean adjuster without cutting the housing. I gave up and cut the housing with a cheap dremel type tool from HF and completed the job. The 2nd healight I used the dremel tool from the start and completed the install in 30 min. The adjusters are of better quailty than the BMW ones. The units fit and adjusted the lights without issue. I would recommend this to anyone. And as expected FCP provided the parts in a timely manner. Quality product provided by a quality organization. Thanks FCP