The brain of your S85 powered BMW's engine
New BMW's are controlled by highly complex DME's (digital motor electronics). The comprehensive management system for your engine: Digital Motor Electronics (DME) controls all key aspects of the engine's operation, ensuring optimum reliability, maximum performance and the lowest possible fuel consumption and emissions.
By managing key engine functions, Digital Motor Electronics (DME) guarantees optimum reliability, maximum performance and the lowest possible fuel consumption and emissions. Its sensors continually all factors affecting the operation of the engine. The data is then evaluated by a microprocessor and translated into commands for the fuel injection and ignition systems.
The DME system receives up to 1,000 separate items of data input per second, including engine speed, air intake volume, air temperature and density, coolant temperature, throttle position, accelerator position and vehicle speed.
DME verifies all incoming data by comparing it with the reaction of the rest of the system. If a defective sensor delivers unrealistic data, DME replaces this with preset standard values. If a spark plug fails, DME immediately cuts fuel flow to this cylinder in order to prevent engine damage.
DME looks after the electrical power system too, with sensors measuring the charge and condition of the battery as well as current electrical power consumption. By maintaining optimum battery charge levels and thus avoiding flat batteries, it prevents damage to the battery and guarantees maximum battery life, thereby helping to ensure the engine always starts readily.
Just like any other type of electronics these units can wear out ans fail. If this happens you will not be able to start your engine. This DME is sold uncoded and will require coding in order to work with your BMW's electronic systems.
Fits These Cars:
- 2006 BMW M5 Engine Control Module
- 2007 BMW M5 Engine Control Module
- 2008 BMW M5 Engine Control Module
- 2009 BMW M5 Engine Control Module
- 2010 BMW M5 Engine Control Module
- 2006 BMW M6 Engine Control Module
- 2007 BMW M6 Engine Control Module
- 2008 BMW M6 Engine Control Module
- 2009 BMW M6 Engine Control Module
- 2010 BMW M6 Engine Control Module
BMW Remanufactured DME (MSS65) - Genuine BMW 12147842121
- Genuine BMW
- SKU #:
- Engine Control Module
- OE Numbers:
- FCP ID:
- Guaranteed to Fit, Guaranteed for Life We guarantee the fit and quality of our parts for life. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back for a replacement or refund. Learn more
- Fitment Verified This product application guide has been tested to ensure it will accurately fit the cars outlined in our fitment guide.
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
- What If I Need to Return This Item? Not a problem! If you are not happy with your purchase, we will gladly help you exchange or return your items, provided you follow the guidelines outlined in our Returns Policy.