Detects knock and misfires by detecting the ionic resistance in the spark plugs, a common source of misfires and performance issues
Due to extremely high engine speeds standard knock detection places very special demands on components and system functions. Standard knock sensors are not capable of delivering adequate enough signals at high engine speeds.
On the S85 engine the spark plugs act as a sensor by detecting the ionic resistance during combustion. The ionic current control unit detects this resistance and "talks" to the DME to adjust fueling and timing to optimize performance. A failed ionic current control unit can cause a limp mode condition or a constant misfire in a specific cylinder. In order to determine the cause of the misfire a diagnosis must be performed first.
Fits These Cars:
- 2006 BMW M5 Ionic Current Control Unit
- 2007 BMW M5 Ionic Current Control Unit
- 2008 BMW M5 Ionic Current Control Unit
- 2009 BMW M5 Ionic Current Control Unit
- 2010 BMW M5 Ionic Current Control Unit
- 2006 BMW M6 Ionic Current Control Unit
- 2007 BMW M6 Ionic Current Control Unit
- 2008 BMW M6 Ionic Current Control Unit
- 2009 BMW M6 Ionic Current Control Unit
- 2010 BMW M6 Ionic Current Control Unit
BMW Ionic Current Control Unit - Genuine BMW 13627834713
- Genuine BMW
- SKU #:
- Ionic Current Control Unit
- OE Numbers:
- FCP ID:
- Guaranteed to Fit, Guaranteed for Life We guarantee the fit and quality of our parts for life. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back for a replacement or refund. Learn more
- Fitment Verified This product application guide has been tested to ensure it will accurately fit the cars outlined in our fitment guide.
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
- What If I Need to Return This Item? Not a problem! If you are not happy with your purchase, we will gladly help you exchange or return your items, provided you follow the guidelines outlined in our Returns Policy.