Maintains tension on the timing chain guide rail to ensure that the timing chain remains taught
Timing chain tensioners are tasked with maintaining the tension on the engines timing chain. Over the course of tens of thousands of miles the timing tensioner can wear out and lose tension on the timing chain. This can cause the engine to skip timing. If you hear a loud rattle from your BMW's timing case we strongly recommend installing a new tensioner to see if the sound goes away. If the sound does not go away you will likely need to perform a timing chain service.
This timing chain tensioner is originally intended for the S50B32 engine. However, many enthusiasts have used this tensioner in place of S38B36, S38B36, and S14 timing chain tensioners with success. The updated design of this tensioner ensures improved operation and service life.
Fits These Cars:
- 1995 BMW M3 Engine Timing Chain Tensioner
BMW Timing Chain Tensioner (M3) - Genuine BMW 11311405081
- Genuine BMW
- SKU #:
- Engine Timing Chain Tensioner
- OE Numbers:
- FCP ID:
- Guaranteed to Fit, Guaranteed for Life We guarantee the fit and quality of our parts for life. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back for a replacement or refund. Learn more
- Fitment Verified This product application guide has been tested to ensure it will accurately fit the cars outlined in our fitment guide.
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
- What If I Need to Return This Item? Not a problem! If you are not happy with your purchase, we will gladly help you exchange or return your items, provided you follow the guidelines outlined in our Returns Policy.