If your BMW's brake pedal is completely soft it is likely due to a worn out or faulty brake master cylinder. You can confirm this by inspecting the master cylinder for leaks.
When your foot pushes on the brake pedal, it engages the master cylinder to force hydraulic fluid ("brake fluid") through the master cylinder, through the brake lines and to your brake calipers and/or drums. A soft brake pedal is dangerous and the source of the problem needs to be resolved immediately. First ensure your brake fluid is full and check for brake fluid leaks throughout the system. It is always best to flush and bleed your brake fluid to ensure you have no air in your brake lines. If your brake pedal is still soft or spongy, it is likely you need to replace the master brake cylinder.
TRW's history dates back to aerospace and automotive manufacturing, including TRW's manufacturing of several NASA spacecraft. They are a business focused on the use of technology and manufacturing skill to make the impossible, possible. Today, TRW Automotive is one of the world's largest automotive suppliers through a combination of aftermarket and OEM (original equipment manufacturer) offerings. Their specialties span electronics to steering to braking to occupant safety (Note the underlying theme of safety).
TRW is OEM to over 40 major vehicle manufacturers, employing over 60,000 worldwide. The result? Chances are TRW parts were used during the manufacture of your car, so why not use TRW replacement parts when they need to be replaced?
FCP Euro is an online retailer of Genuine & OEM replacement BMW parts. Our online catalog offers an extensive range of BMW parts for all makes and model, as well as replacement parts for all European vehicles.
Since 1986 we have been committed to providing our customers only the highest quality Genuine & OEM replacement parts backed with a price match guarantee, free shipping, lifetime warranty and fitment guarantees on every part we sell. With our hassle free 365 day return policy and free tech support you can trust FCP for all of your replacement part needs.
Fits These Cars:
- 2001 BMW M3 Brake Master Cylinder
- 2002 BMW M3 Brake Master Cylinder
Up to 9/2002
BMW Brake Master Cylinder - TRW 34312282343
- SKU #:
- Brake Master Cylinder
- OE Numbers:
- FCP ID:
- Guaranteed to Fit, Guaranteed for Life We guarantee the fit and quality of our parts for life. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back for a replacement or refund. Learn more
- Fitment Verified This product application guide has been tested to ensure it will accurately fit the cars outlined in our fitment guide.
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
- What If I Need to Return This Item? Not a problem! If you are not happy with your purchase, we will gladly help you exchange or return your items, provided you follow the guidelines outlined in our Returns Policy.