BMW Repair Manual: 5 Series (E28): 1982-1988
This book is a comprehensive, single source of service information and specifications for the BMW E28 (5-Series cars from 1982-1988). Whether you're a professional mechanic or a do-it-yourselfer, this manual will provide you with the information to help you understand, maintain, and repair systems on 5-Series cars.
548 pages, contains 758 illustrations and diagrams.
BMW E28 Models and engines covered in this BMW repair manual:
-528e (B27, 2.7 liter)
-533i (B32, 3.2 liter)
-535i (B34, 3.5 liter)
-535is (B34, 3.5 liter)
BMW E28 Transmissions covered in this BMW repair manual:
-Getrag 260 (with integral bellhousing)
(with removable bellhousing)
-Complete preventive maintenance procedures from the yearly brake fluid change to resetting the oil service indicator and oxygen sensor lights. This manual tells you what to do, how and when to do it and why it's important. Many of the maintenance recommendations exceed factory-recommended service intervals and are designed to extend your BMW's service life.
-Detailed troubleshooting and repair information for these Bosch fuel injection and engine management systems: Motronic (528e, 533i, 535i, 535is) and Motronic 1.1 (528e from March 1987).
-This Motronic 1.1 service information is not covered in BMW's factory repair manual.
-Comprehensive Engine Management information for specific BMW 5-Series driveability problems, including troubleshooting electronically-controlled idle speed faults that are frequently misdiagnosed.
-Troubleshooting tips with fast, proven repair procedures used by BMW technicians and specialists.
-Critical updates and hard-to-find information from dealer service bulletins, such as how to replace the camshaft timing belt, sprocket and tensioner with the correct Z-127 update, and cylinder head bolt replacement on 528e models.
-Large, easy-to-read wiring schematics for major circuits, along with a full listing of ground points, connector and splice locations, and electronic component locations.
-Procedures and specifications for rebuilding engines and manual transmissions.
BMW 5 Series(E28) 1982-1988 Manual BSIN: B588 ISBN: 0-8376-1694-8 (ISBN-10) ISBN: 978-0-8376-1694-0 (ISBN-13)
Fits These Cars:
- 1982 BMW 528e Repair Manual
- 1983 BMW 528e Repair Manual
- 1984 BMW 528e Repair Manual
- 1985 BMW 528e Repair Manual
- 1986 BMW 528e Repair Manual
- 1987 BMW 528e Repair Manual
- 1988 BMW 528e Repair Manual
- 1983 BMW 533i Repair Manual
- 1984 BMW 533i Repair Manual
- 1985 BMW 535i Repair Manual
- 1986 BMW 535i Repair Manual
- 1987 BMW 535i Repair Manual
- 1988 BMW M5 Repair Manual
BMW Repair Manual (5 Series) - Bentley B588
- Robert Bentley
- SKU #:
- Repair Manual
- OE Numbers:
- FCP ID:
- Guaranteed to Fit, Guaranteed for Life We guarantee the fit and quality of our parts for life. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back for a replacement or refund. Learn more
- Fitment Verified This product application guide has been tested to ensure it will accurately fit the cars outlined in our fitment guide.
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
- What If I Need to Return This Item? Not a problem! If you are not happy with your purchase, we will gladly help you exchange or return your items, provided you follow the guidelines outlined in our Returns Policy.