Very stout tie rod end, suprised at the price!
As your car's mileage increases, it is best to check the steering and suspension for excessive play due to wear. Additionally, if you are experiencing abnormal tire wear, or steering wheel vibration at speed you should also check these components for possible replacement.
- Side To Side Play In Wheel / Steering Rack
- Ripped Joint Boots
- Poor Steering Response
- Uneven Wear of Tire Tread
Volvo Tie Rod End Outer (S40 V40) - Meyle 30875012
- SKU #:
- Tie Rod End
- OE Numbers:
- FCP ID:
- Guaranteed to Fit, Guaranteed for Life We guarantee the fit and quality of our parts for life. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back for a replacement or refund. Learn more
- Fitment Verified This product application guide has been tested to ensure it will accurately fit the cars outlined in our fitment guide.
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
- What If I Need to Return This Item? Not a problem! If you are not happy with your purchase, we will gladly help you exchange or return your items, provided you follow the guidelines outlined in our Returns Policy.
The part I got fit my vehicle perfectly without issue (my tie rod ends were completely busted) and resolved some steering play and vibration issues. But two things bothered me: these seem just a little smaller in size than the OEM tie rod ends, and they are NOT secured by cotter pins! These come with a lock nut and not a special cotter pin mechanism - the threads don't even have a hole for a pin should you want to use your old nuts and pins, so the picture is definitnely misleading (mine were all black with no cotter pins). Just something to watch out for if that's something that bothers you too.
Great product, no problems!
Super easy to replace, don't pay what the shop wants!