ELEVATE Volvo S60 Turbo Compressor Bypass Valve (CBV)
- Optimal design and materials for maximum power and longevity
- Supports up to 25 psi (1.7 bar) turbo pressure
- No need to change or guess at spring pressures
- Direct replacement for the factory Compressor Bypass Valve
- Includes silicone hose, mounting hardware and instructions
The ELEVATE Volvo S60 Turbo Compressor Bypass Valve (CBV) is a bit of engineering and manufacturing brilliance that will help keep your turbocharger functioning to its full potential. A direct replacement for the factory bypass valve, but able to take the heat. Manufactured exclusively for ELEVATE by long time development partner Turbosmart, our CBV outperforms and outlasts any other unit on the market. Our robust piston design is fast acting and designed to perform.
What is a Compressor Bypass Valve (CBV)?
When your turbocharger is generating boost and you release the accelerator (closing the throttle), the boosted air essentially hits a wall (the closed throttle). The pressurized air must be redirected back into the intake of the turbo to prevent turbocharger damage (at the worst) or turbo lag (at the least). A Compressor Bypass Valve is activated by the air pressure signal from the Inlet Manifold. The CBV stays closed under boost conditions (directing all boosted air to the engine) or snaps opens when vacuum is detected, redirecting boosted air. The factory turbo system utilizes a CBV integrated into the turbocharger compressor housing.
Do I need a new CBV?
The factory CBV is a diaphragm with spring design that can rip under higher boost pressure or simply fail from fatigue and heat, even on stock engines. If your CBV fails, the turbocharger cannot make the boost pressure it was designed to as boosted air is being fed right back into the turbo inlet, and power is lost. The easiest way to see if your CBV has failed is to connect a vacuum test pump to the nipple on the CBV and apply a bit of vacuum. If the unit holds vacuum, your CBV diaphragm is still in tact and should be functioning (this test does not work on piston style aftermarket CBV’s). We have seen stock CBV’s fail in less than 15,000 miles. Those with a Performance Software Tune which increases boost pressure will benefit from our CBV with more consistent boost delivery and the long lasting durability that our design offers.
What makes the ELEVATE CBV different than others on the market?
The short answer: Design, Engineering, Materials and Manufacturing.
Design:Starting with a clean sheet, our CBV was designed to achieve the desired performance. Careful consideration was given to maximum flow capability in a compact enough package to be a direct replacement for the factory CBV. A simple and elegant design with function as the driving force.
Engineering: Development partners Turbosmart have been designing and manufacturing turbo management systems and components since 1997. Their commitment to a top quality, overachieving performance goes into every component. Years of research, development and testing in motorsports has yielded a knowledge base that translates into excellent function and engineering of our CBV. Our CBV requires no additional springs or adjustments due to our unique design. Other CBV’s require an assortment of springs to compensate for different boost pressures due to pressure differential imbalance within the unit and the use of o-rings to seal the piston. A change in tune or set-up could require a different spring setting, requiring removal and reinstallation of a competitor’s CBV. Materials: Any design is only as good as the materials it is made out of.
Our CBV body is made of precision machined and anodized 6061 aluminum. The piston is made of a unique bronze alloy that requires no o-rings to seal and yields smooth valve movement. Designs that utilize o-rings have proven time and again to be troublesome as o-rings stick, causing erratic valve movement and do not always allow the piston to return to the same location. Other problems of o-ring sealing of the piston include high friction, fatigue, lack of lubrication, heat generation, wear, varying affects of high temperature, chemical attack, and break-away friction.
Manufacturing: The ELEVATE Turbo Compressor Bypass Valve is manufactured using state-of-the-art techniques on the latest equipment. Tight, precision machining processes and the coating of specific components create the precision tolerances required for top performance.
The ELEVATE Volvo S60 Turbo Compressor Bypass Valve is a direct replacement for the factory CBV. Installation instructions are included along with mounting hardware, thread locking compound, and black silicone vacuum hose to replace the factory rubber hose between the Inlet Manifold and ELEVATE Turbo Compressor Bypass Valve.
Fits These Cars:
- 2001 Volvo S60 Turbocharger Bypass Valve
- 2002 Volvo S60 Turbocharger Bypass Valve
- 2003 Volvo S60 Turbocharger Bypass Valve
- 2004 Volvo S60 Turbocharger Bypass Valve
- 2005 Volvo S60 Turbocharger Bypass Valve
- 2006 Volvo S60 Turbocharger Bypass Valve
- 2007 Volvo S60 Turbocharger Bypass Valve
- 2008 Volvo S60 Turbocharger Bypass Valve
- 2009 Volvo S60 Turbocharger Bypass Valve
Volvo Performance Turbo Compressor Bypass Valve (S60) - Elevate 280:20005
- SKU #:
- Turbocharger Bypass Valve
- OE Numbers:
- FCP ID:
- Guaranteed to Fit, Guaranteed for Life We guarantee the fit and quality of our parts for life. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back for a replacement or refund. Learn more
- Fitment Verified This product application guide has been tested to ensure it will accurately fit the cars outlined in our fitment guide.
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
- What If I Need to Return This Item? Not a problem! If you are not happy with your purchase, we will gladly help you exchange or return your items, provided you follow the guidelines outlined in our Returns Policy.