Ordered and installed this resistor in my 1999 V70XC after the blower motor stopped working. The blower was rattling before it stopped working so I elected to replace the blower, resistor and the cabin air filter at the same time. The resistor is easy to find and replace and is an exact match to the OEM part in my car. Glad to have the heat back in my car for winter driving!
Volvo Blower Motor Resistor With Climate Control Genuine Volvo
The Blower motor resistor is also commonly referred to as a power stage. It's duty is to receive an input signal from the climate control module and is responsible for controlling the mount of power going to the blower motor.
This is the blower motor resistor that will only fit models WITH ECC (climate control)
Common Failure Symptoms:
- Blower motor inoperative
- Blow motor not functional in all speeds
- Flashing climate control lights
- Blow motor stays on when key is off
Fits These Cars:
- 1998 Volvo C70 Blower Motor Resistor
- 1999 Volvo C70 Blower Motor Resistor
- 2000 Volvo C70 Blower Motor Resistor
- 2001 Volvo C70 Blower Motor Resistor
- 2002 Volvo C70 Blower Motor Resistor
- 2003 Volvo C70 Blower Motor Resistor
- 2004 Volvo C70 Blower Motor Resistor
- 1999 Volvo S70 Blower Motor Resistor
- 2000 Volvo S70 Blower Motor Resistor
- 1998 Volvo S70 Blower Motor Resistor
- 1998 Volvo V70 Blower Motor Resistor
- 1999 Volvo V70 Blower Motor Resistor
- 2000 Volvo V70 Blower Motor Resistor
Volvo Blower Motor Resistor With Climate Control (C70 S70 V70) - Genuine Volvo 9166694
- Genuine Volvo
- SKU #:
- Blower Motor Resistor
- OE Numbers:
- FCP ID:
- Guaranteed to Fit, Guaranteed for Life We guarantee the fit and quality of our parts for life. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back for a replacement or refund. Learn more
- Fitment Verified This product application guide has been tested to ensure it will accurately fit the cars outlined in our fitment guide.
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
- What If I Need to Return This Item? Not a problem! If you are not happy with your purchase, we will gladly help you exchange or return your items, provided you follow the guidelines outlined in our Returns Policy.
After 15 1/2 years the A/C blower motor bearings dried up. Since the blower cools the resistor and was pulling more amps than desired, the resistor needed to be replaced as well. This is the exact part and replacement was straight forward. I'm looking forward to another 15 years of reliable A/C.