Replaced my leaking compressor with this one in the summer of 2014. Also replaced my evap and accumulator at the same time. AC has worked great with this compressor. Make sure you evacuate your system properly and leave in a vacuum overnight to ensure there are no leaks before recharging. If you don't own a vacuum pump and gauges have your local shop install.
In most cars the A/C compressor is not only used for cooling in the summer, but also used to defrost the windshield in winter. While some may be able to live without A/C, it can be very difficult to see in winter without a functioning defroster.
Consider replacing the A/C drier at the same time. The drier is designed to keep moisture out of the system and has a set “capacity” to remove that moisture. If you are investing in a new compressor, consider a new drier as well so as to be sure system moisture does not result in a premature failure of your new compressor.
Common Failure Symptoms:
- A/C blowing warm air from vents
- Compressor clutch not engaging
- Bearing noise emitting from the AC Compressor
- Leaking AC Compressor
NOTE: Another consideration is compressor oil. Some compressors come with oil in them already, but never assume the quantity of oil included is correct for your application, because some compressors are suitable for multiple applications (and some come with just enough oil in them to prevent corrosion during shipping). ALWAYS double check and refer to your repair manual for the proper quantity.
We offer two compressor oils for your consideration, one with a UV dye to help locate leaks.
With UV Dye - Behr Compressor Oil with added die - BEH-351214201
SKU number 351214201 is from Behr and is a PAO Synthetic Oil with UV Dye. As a result it will not absorb moisture and should you get any leaks they will be easy to locate with the dye.
Without UV Dye - Behr Compressor Oil - BEH-351214031
SKU number 351214031 is also from Behr, also a PAO Synthetic oil, but does not have the UV Dye, thus it is less expensive.
Fits These Cars:
- 1999 Volvo C70 A/C Compressor
- 2000 Volvo C70 A/C Compressor
- 2001 Volvo C70 A/C Compressor
- 2002 Volvo C70 A/C Compressor
- 2003 Volvo C70 A/C Compressor
- 2004 Volvo C70 A/C Compressor
- 1999 Volvo S70 A/C Compressor
- 2000 Volvo S70 A/C Compressor
- 1999 Volvo V70 A/C Compressor
- 2000 Volvo V70 A/C Compressor
Volvo A/C Compressor (S70 V70 C70) - Air Products 8603132
- Air Products
- SKU #:
- A/C Compressor
- OE Numbers:
- 8601631 8602506 8602620 8603132 9171321 9171703
- FCP ID:
- Guaranteed to Fit, Guaranteed for Life We guarantee the fit and quality of our parts for life. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back for a replacement or refund. Learn more
- Fitment Verified This product application guide has been tested to ensure it will accurately fit the cars outlined in our fitment guide.
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
- What If I Need to Return This Item? Not a problem! If you are not happy with your purchase, we will gladly help you exchange or return your items, provided you follow the guidelines outlined in our Returns Policy.