My compressor clutch went and in Miami A/C is a must! This is a OEM Volvo compressor for almost $200 less than the dealer charges. It comes pre-oiled and with now o-rings. Just make sure you replace the Dryer too!
NOTE: Before replacing your AC Compressor the following is recommended to avoid premature failure of a new AC Compressor:
- FCP Recommends replacing the A/C drier at the same time as a compressor replacement. The drier is designed to keep moisture out of the system and has a set “capacity” to remove that moisture.
- Check your AC condensor for damage and/or restrictions. If the fins on your condensor are restricted this will cause high pressure in the high side of your AC system causing repeat compressor failure.
The Compressor, A Central Part Of The A/C Loop(Video)
AC Compressor Common Failure Symptoms:
- A/C blowing warm air from vents
- Compressor clutch not engaging
- Bearing noise emitting from the AC Compressor
- Leaking AC Compressor
In most cars the A/C compressor is not only used for cooling in the summer, but also used to defrost the windshield in winter. While some may be able to live without A/C, it can be very difficult to see in winter without a functioning defroster.
Another consideration is compressor oil. Some compressors come with oil in them already, but never assume the quantity of oil included is correct for your application, because some compressors are suitable for multiple applications (and some come with just enough oil in them to prevent corrosion during shipping). ALWAYS double check and refer to your repair manual for the proper quantity.
With UV Dye - Behr Compressor Oil with added die - BEH-351214201
SKU number 351214201 is from Behr and is a PAO Synthetic Oil with UV Dye. As a result it will not absorb moisture and should you get any leaks they will be easy to locate with the dye. NOTE: PAO oil cannot not be mixed with PAG oil. Be sure to remove all PAG oil from your system before converting to PAO.
Without UV Dye - Behr Compressor Oil - BEH-351214031
SKU number 351214031 is also from Behr, also a PAO Synthetic oil, but does not have the UV Dye, thus it is less expensive. NOTE: PAO oil cannot not be mixed with PAG oil. Be sure to remove all PAG oil from your system before converting to PAO.
For the Proper PAG Oil Viscosity: Please see the identification label from your AC compressor. You can Find replacement PAG oil on our site here: Replacement PAG Oil
- 1994 Volvo 850 A/C Compressor
- 1995 Volvo 850 A/C Compressor
- 1996 Volvo 850 A/C Compressor
- 1997 Volvo 850 A/C Compressor
- 1993 Volvo 850 A/C Compressor
- 1998 Volvo C70 A/C Compressor
- 1998 Volvo S70 A/C Compressor
- 1998 Volvo V70 A/C Compressor
Volvo A/C Compressor (850 S70 V70 C70) - Valeo 8601533
- SKU #:
- A/C Compressor
- OE Numbers:
- FCP ID:
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.