The A/C system is one of the more complicated systems in the car, requiring special tools and knowledge, thus many DIY’ers will go the DIFM route (do it for me). Many pro’s will install our parts, but we advise that you check with them first.
Consider replacing the A/C drier at the same time. The drier is designed to keep moisture out of the system and has a set “capacity” to remove that moisture. If you are investing in a new compressor, consider a new drier as well so as to be sure system moisture does not result in a premature failure of your new compressor.
Another consideration is compressor oil. Some compressors come with oil in them already, but never assume the quantity of oil included is correct for your application, because some compressors are suitable for multiple applications (and some come with just enough oil in them to prevent corrosion during shipping). ALWAYS double check and refer to your repair manual for the proper quantity.
We offer two compressor oils for your consideration, one with a UV dye to help locate leaks.
With UV Dye - SKU number 351214201 is from Behr and is a PAO Synthetic Oil with UV Dye. As a result it will not absorb moisture and should you get any leaks they will be easy to locate with the dye.
Without UV Dye - SKU number 351214031 is also from Behr, also a PAO Synthetic oil, but does not have the UV Dye, thus it is less expensive.
Fits These Cars:
- 1999 Land Rover Discovery A/C Compressor
- Engine base: 4.0L V8, Sub model: Series II
- 2000 Land Rover Discovery A/C Compressor
- 2001 Land Rover Discovery A/C Compressor
- 2002 Land Rover Discovery A/C Compressor
- 2003 Land Rover Discovery A/C Compressor
- 2004 Land Rover Discovery A/C Compressor
- 1999 Land Rover Range Rover A/C Compressor
- 2000 Land Rover Range Rover A/C Compressor
- 2001 Land Rover Range Rover A/C Compressor
- 2002 Land Rover Range Rover A/C Compressor
Land Rover A/C Compressor (Discovery Range Rover) - Behr JPB101330
- SKU #:
- A/C Compressor
- OE Numbers:
- 351105061, JPB101330
- FCP ID:
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.