In most cars the A/C compressor is not only used for cooling in the summer, but also used to defrost the windshield in winter. While some may be able to live without A/C, it can be very difficult to see in winter without a functioning defroster.
The A/C system is one of the more complicated systems in the car, requiring special tools and knowledge, thus many DIY'ers will go the DIFM route (do it for me). Many pro's will install our parts, but we advise that you check with them first.
Consider replacing the A/C drier at the same time. The drier is designed to keep moisture out of the system and has a set "capacity" to remove that moisture. If you are investing in a new compressor, consider a new drier as well so as to be sure system moisture does not result in a premature failure of your new compressor.
Another consideration is compressor oil. Some compressors come with oil in them already, but never assume the quantity of oil included is correct for your application, because some compressors are suitable for multiple applications (and some come with just enough oil in them to prevent corrosion during shipping). ALWAYS double check and refer to your repair manual for the proper quantity.
We offer two compressor oils for your consideration, one with a UV dye to help locate leaks.
With UV Dye - SKU number 351214201 is from Behr and is a PAO Synthetic Oil with UV Dye. As a result it will not absorb moisture and should you get any leaks they will be easy to locate with the dye.
Without UV Dye - SKU number 351214031 is also from Behr, also a PAO Synthetic oil, but does not have the UV Dye, thus it is less expensive.
Behr is a German based supplier and manufacturer of automotive replacement parts specializing in air conditioning and engine cooling. Many of their parts are OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) and all Behr products exceed OE quality standards. Though their headquarters is in Stuttgart-Feuerbach, Germany Behr has locations in the US as well including Troy Michigan, Dayton Ohio, Fort Worth Texas, and Charleston South Carolina.
FCP Euro is an online retailer of Genuine & OEM replacement Jaguar parts. Our online catalog offers an extensive range of Jaguar parts for all makes and model, as well as replacement parts for all European vehicles.
Since 1986 we have been committed to providing our customers only the highest quality Genuine & OEM replacement parts backed with a price match guarantee, free shipping, lifetime warranty and fitment guarantees on every part we sell. With our hassle free 365 day return policy and free tech support you can trust FCP for all of your replacement part needs.
Fits These Cars:
- 2000 Jaguar S-Type A/C Compressor
- 2001 Jaguar S-Type A/C Compressor
- 2002 Jaguar S-Type A/C Compressor
- 2003 Jaguar S-Type A/C Compressor
- 2004 Jaguar S-Type A/C Compressor
- 2005 Jaguar S-Type A/C Compressor
- 2006 Jaguar S-Type A/C Compressor
- 2007 Jaguar S-Type A/C Compressor
- 2008 Jaguar S-Type A/C Compressor
- 2002 Jaguar X-Type A/C Compressor
- 2003 Jaguar X-Type A/C Compressor
- 2004 Jaguar X-Type A/C Compressor
- 2005 Jaguar X-Type A/C Compressor
- 2006 Jaguar X-Type A/C Compressor
- 2007 Jaguar X-Type A/C Compressor
- 2008 Jaguar X-Type A/C Compressor
Jaguar A/C Compressor (S-Type X-Type) - Behr C2S47472
- SKU #:
- A/C Compressor
- OE Numbers:
- FCP ID:
- Guaranteed to Fit, Guaranteed for Life We guarantee the fit and quality of our parts for life. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back for a replacement or refund. Learn more
- Fitment Verified This product application guide has been tested to ensure it will accurately fit the cars outlined in our fitment guide.
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
- What If I Need to Return This Item? Not a problem! If you are not happy with your purchase, we will gladly help you exchange or return your items, provided you follow the guidelines outlined in our Returns Policy.