Does your N62 equipped BMW have a smoking problem?
Problem: You have a smoking BMW due to bad valve stem seals. The valve stem seal problem is that the old valve stem seal becomes hard over time and doesn’t provide the proper seal between the seal and stem. This allows oil to pass through and enter the combustion chamber and exhaust. In addition, the old style seal does not seal on the inside to the guide, like the newer updated style seal. This creates an oil pocket underneath the seal that oil can accumulate in and make the problem worse. The oil consumption here is bad for a lot of different reasons. Obviously smoking, but also decreased cat life and blockage of secondary air ports. We’ve seen a number of cars that have set CAT inefficiency codes and these codes can go away if you replace the seals if done in time.
Solution: Perform the Valve Stem Seal Repair without removing the intake or exhaust cams by using the AGA N62 Valve Stem Seal Tool Kit. This repair not only saves you hours of labor but also eliminates having to have thousands of dollars invested in Cam timing tools. This is one of the few tools a shop can buy and recover the cost already on the 1st job performed.
Benefit: Eliminates smoking from exhaust, reduces risk of damaging cat converters and plugging secondary air injection. It also allows the car to pass Smog. No need to remove Intake or exhaust cams. No need to buy expensive valve timing tool. No risk of setting the cam timing wrong.
Fits These Cars:
BMW N62 Valve Stem Seal Tool Kit - AGA 099973010
- SKU #:
- Engine Valve Stem Seal Tool Kit
- FCP ID:
- Guaranteed to Fit, Guaranteed for Life We guarantee the fit and quality of our parts for life. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back for a replacement or refund. Learn more
- Fitment Verified This product application guide has been tested to ensure it will accurately fit the cars outlined in our fitment guide.
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
- What If I Need to Return This Item? Not a problem! If you are not happy with your purchase, we will gladly help you exchange or return your items, provided you follow the guidelines outlined in our Returns Policy.