3.15:1 limited slip differential, help put your 335i/435i's power to the ground
The 335i and 435i in stock form are great drivers cars and for the most part they do everything right. However, one thing that BMW didn't do right from the factory is install a limited slip differential. Instead, BMW chose to install a standard issue open differential which is fine under normal circumstances and driving conditions. An open differential also keeps the cost of the vehicle down as well.
Why is an open differential a problem? Well, an open differential is not a locking differential. This is a problem when you're in a situation that requires the power to be put to the ground such as a track day. An open differential is notorious for allowing a majority of the available power to transfer to the corner with the least amount of grip while the corner with the most grip receives little to no power. This is the automotive equivalent of trying to spring with one foot on dry ground while the other fut is stuck in mud. Yeah, the picture isn't too pretty.
A limited slip differential on the other hand does the exact opposite. It is designed to allow for a limited amount of slip between the left and right axles before it locks up, hence the name limited slip . This is favorable because it allows for a more even transfer of power to the rear wheels. For this reason, limited slip differentials are the preferred option for performance.
This M Performance differential has been designed as a direct bolt on for your 335i or 435i.
Note: This is an overweight item and does not qualify for free shipping. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (877) 634-0063 for a shipping quote and to arrange for shipping.
Fits These Cars:
BMW M Performance Limited Slip Differential - Genuine BMW 33107555607
- Genuine BMW
- SKU #:
- Limited Slip Differential
- OE Numbers:
- 33107555607, 33102353285
- FCP ID:
- Guaranteed to Fit, Guaranteed for Life We guarantee the fit and quality of our parts for life. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back for a replacement or refund. Learn more
- Fitment Verified This product application guide has been tested to ensure it will accurately fit the cars outlined in our fitment guide.
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
- What If I Need to Return This Item? Not a problem! If you are not happy with your purchase, we will gladly help you exchange or return your items, provided you follow the guidelines outlined in our Returns Policy.